The award ceremony will be hosted at Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport on 26-27 June: the first time that the event will take place in the USA.
The winners will be revealed at the Gala Dinner on the concluding night.
Autogrill Group, as well as being Platinum Partners for this year’s event, is honoured to be the only player to place 28 innovative projects.
The list of nominations obtained is a concrete example of how a particular attention to environment, an innovative approach, a high quality services, an excellent culinary offering and an ongoing renewal that have always characterized the Group, give amazing results. For Autogrill Group quality is reflected everyday both in the offer food & beverage as in the design and services of local, and reflects again, as emerges from the nominations below, in categories like "Airport food & beverage offer best reflecting sense of place", "Enviromental initiative of the year" rather than "Airport bar of the year".
To learn more about the news, click here.
Detailed list of nomination by category:
- Airport health-centred or vegan offer of the year - Bistrot Vegan Range (Multiple airports), Eat Well.Travel Further (Multiple airports), VIT (Amsterdam Airport Schiphol)
- Enviromental initiative of the year - Was Coffee, Eliminating Conventional Plastic Straws (multiple location), BioCups and BYO Cups (Australia), Verspillingsfabriek (Amsterdam Airport Schiphol)
- Outstanding Airport Restaurant Design of the year - AIR (Zurich Airport)
- Airport coffee or tea shop of the year - Starbucks (Seattle-Tacoma Airport)
- Airport food to go of the year - Kelly’s Roast Beef (Boston Logan International Airport)
- Airport bar of the year - La Familia (Los Angeles International Airport), Whisky River (Raleigh Durham International Airport), 40 Degrees (Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen International Airport)
- Airport casual dining restaurant of the year - Bia Mara (Halifax Stanfield International Airport), Columbia Café (Tampa International Airport), Maggiano’s (Dallas Fort Worth International Airport)
- Airport food hall of the year - Los Angeles International Airport Terminal 4
- F&B Marketing & promotion campaign of the year - 1,000 Acts of kindness (multiple location)
- F&B Team member of the year - Emily Moreira (Dallas Fort Worth International Airport), Freddie Maldonado (Tampa International Airport), Adda Amrani (Amsterdam Airport Schiphol), Mai vu Binh Minh (Da Nang International Airport)
- Airport chef of the year - Jeff Steelman, Murali Murthy Gantashala
- Airport family friendly f&b concept of the year - Mustache Pretzels (Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
- Airport smoothie or juicy bar of the year - VIT (Amsterdam Airport Schiphol)
- Airport f&b offer best reflecting sense of a place - Tiffin Center (Kempegowda Bangalore International Airport)
FAB 2019 will bring together senior executives from airports and food & beverage concessionaires worldwide as well as varied industry partners, including design agencies, research companies and technology providers. The conference programme will showcase the latest F&B developments, innovations and trends at major airports, featuring presentations by some of the world’s leading airport commercial directors, concessionaires, chefs, key industry opinion leaders and analysts.
This year's judges:
- Marisa D’Vari - Journalist & Certified Sommelier
- Alan Gluck - Senior Manager, ICF
- Nick Goddard-Palmer - Co-founder, Hunter Palmer - Global Retail Solutions
- Michelle Tchea - Founder, Chefs Collective/PopIntel Group
- Martin Moodie - Founder & Chairman, The Moodie Davitt Report