The aim of the Autogrill Group has always been to make travellers "feel good on the move; it’s in the Company's dna to continuously look for ways to improve the traveller’s journey with genuine hospitality, high-quality food and innovative dining facilities. That's why we are proud that our Group has obtained the highest number of awards among the winning companies at the FAB Awards 2018, the international event dedicated to the world of airport catering, organized in Helsinki this year by the magazine "The Moodie Davitt Report".
During the Gala dinner ceremony that took place on 21th of June, the Group has been awarded in the categories:
- Bistrot for the 'FAB Thought Leadership Award' category
- Autogrill Villoresi Est for 'Motorway Service F & B Offer of the Year' category
- HMSHost North America with The Hearth by Lynn Crawford at Toronto Pearson Airport for 'Airport Casual Dining Restaurant of the Year' category
- HMSHost International with Kempegowda, Bangalore International Airport (India) for the 'The FAB Environmental Initiative' category
Bistrot won the award with whom the jury to concepts having the highest potential for the business. Developed in collaboration with The University of Gastronomic Sciences of Pollenzo, Bistrot it's an emblematic concept of the new way of catering in travel channels the Group is carrying on. Bistrot propose an idea of quality that, through the selection of local producers and km 0 products, establishes a new alliance between travel locations and the culinary tradition of the local territories.
Villoresi Est, instead, is the Group's best practice for sustainable innovation. A motorway service area, Leed Gold certificated which uses a set of solutions, from the geothermic energy to water savings, which significatively reduce the impact on the planet.
Autogrill Group through its subsidiary HMSHost International won first price in the category Environmental Initiative award with Kempegowda International Airport Bengaluru: that’s because our dedication and expertise has delivered us the status of preferred Food & Beverage operator of Kempegowda International Airport. We managed, together with Kempegowda International Airport, to create exceptional places for travellers to relax before the head off to their destination.
- 'Airport Food To Go of the Year' category - Shake Shack of the Los Angeles airport
- 'F & B Marketing & Promotions Campaign of the Year' category - "Le Petit Chef" for Le Chef at Geneva airport
- 'Motorway Service F & B Offer of the Year' category - Grover Cleveland Service PLAZA, service area of the New Jersey Turnpike
- 'F & B Team Member of the Year' category - Lily Olson of the St. Paul airport in Minneapolis
Among other awards, HMSHost received 2 other regional awards in the categories:
- 'Airport Coffee, Tea, Non-alcoholic Beverage Shop of the Year' with Djournal Coffee at Jakarta Airport (Asia-Pacific)
- Airport F & B Offer Best Reflecting Sense of Place' with Whiskey River at Charlotte Douglas Airport