April saw three new sandwiches and the Super salads, and the innovation drive continues in June with a series of products specially designed to make travellers’ stop-offs even more fun. This is how coffee, a traditional favourite for all Italians, is now morphing, with all its versatile flavour and aroma, into a cold version and combining with other ingredients with a suitably summer feel.
The blend for iced coffee specially created for this new offering was produced in collaboration with Kimbo, the hero brand of Neapolitan coffee and a partner of Autogrill, whose prime strength is the quality of its raw materials.
The new “summer edition” range has 18 new products in the following five categories:
- Coffee on the rocks, for lovers of classic coffee but in refreshing new versions: Iced Coffee, Salentino Coffee, Shaken Coffee and Coffee Granita with or without cream;
- Freeze Cappuccino, the most mouth-watering category, for millennials in search of sweetness and freshness: Choco Freeze, Gianduia Freeze, Pistachio Freeze, Cappuccino Freeze and Cappuccino Freeze with cream;
- Coppissima, for really self-indulgent customers, a perfect mix of cold chocolate and whipped cream;
- Coppa del Nonno, a great classic, to enjoy plain, with a coffee poured over it or with cream;
- Cold Chocolate, based on chocolate sorbet in the following versions: cold chocolate, cold chocolate with coffee, cold chocolate with cream and cold chocolate with a Coppa del Nonno.
#COFFEESTORIES: the social campaign telling a contemporary story
Autogrill stays new not only in its commercial offering but also in its communication, by exploiting every opportunity to move with the times. It embraces a new way of talking about its evolution, it uses storytelling and the language of the social networks. So the “Coffee Stories” campaign launched in 2012 now has a new look, having become #COFFEESTORIES in 2018. On one hand it will continue to tell consumers about the values attaching to drinking a coffee while travelling and on the other it will speak of the emotions and personal experience of taking a break, and all of this in a modern key.
Not only coffee: the sweet break with the new Bakery
In line with the trends of the moment – consumers increasingly partial to a treat at the end of the meal or a deliciously fancy snack - Autogrill is enriching its offering, from mid June on, with the Bakery line, a series of sweet products to be eaten sitting comfortably or taken away for the journey.
These are the new products:
- Classici: croissants made with fresh sourdough;
- Sfizi: chocolate and walnut cookies, mini red velvet and cheesecake;
- Novità: pear and chocolate puff, classic Torta della nonna with pastry cream and almonds and Tartlet with pastry cream and fresh strawberries.