Autogrill received the highest number of acknowledgements of al the companies that went to Helsinki for the 2018 FAB Awards (Food&Beverage Awards), the international event dedicated to the airport foodservice sector, organized by the magazine “The Moodie Report”.
At the ceremony held yesterday, Thursday 21 June, the Group received the following prizes:
- ‘FAB Thought Leadership Award’ for Bistrot;
- ‘Motorway Service F&B Offer of the Year’ for Autogrill Villoresi Est;
- ‘Airport Casual Dining Restaurant of the Year’ for The Hearth by Lynn Crawford (HMSHost Nord America) at Toronto Pearson Airport;
- ‘FAB Environmental Initiative’ award for HMSHost International at Bangalore Kempegowda International Airport (India).
- ‘Airport Food To Go of the Year’ - Shake Shack at Los Angeles Airport;
- ‘F&B Marketing & Promotions Campaign of the Year’ - “Le Petit Chef” at Geneva Airport;
- ‘Motorway Service F&B Offer of the Year’ - Grover Cleveland Service PLAZA on the New Jersey Turnpike;
- ‘F&B Team Member of the Year’ - Lily Olson at St. Paul Airport, Minneapolis.
Of the other acknowledgements, HMSHost received two regional awards in the following categories:
- ‘Airport Coffee, Tea, Non-alcoholic Beverage Shop of the Year’ with Djournal Coffee at Jakarta Airport (Asia-Pacific);
- ‘Airport F&B Offer Best Reflecting Sense of Place’ with Whisky River at Charlotte Douglas Airport
The 4 awards in 2018:
CATEGORY: ‘The FAB Thought Leadership Award’
Autogrill was the winner in the ‘FAB Thought Leadership Award’ category thanks to Bistrot, a concept the Group is developing in Italy and abroad (fruit of the partnership between Autogrill and the University of Gastronomic Sciences in Pollenzo). This is a new foodservice format: sustainable and focused on local traditions and craft quality, a new generation concept, from the décor to the menus, that helps respond to the food challenges of the future. Bistrot promotes local products and recipes and short supply chains and revives craft techniques by providing in-store bakeries and pasta making facilities in full public view. Travellers stopping off at a Bistrot are offered a food&wine experience based on the genuine flavours and cooking techniques of the past, a feeling for local traditions and insistence on in-season products. There are currently 27 Bistrots worldwide.
CATEGORY: ‘Motorway Service F&B Offer of the Year’
Autogrill won 1st prize in the ‘Motorway Service F&B Offer of the Year’ category with its Villoresi Est service area on the A8 Milano-Laghi motorway. Due to its architecture, its history and its capacity to grow into a model of architectural sustainability it has become an icon of the Group, a veritable workshop of experience with which to develop a business that’s sustainable and focused on conserving resources. Villoresi Est is also thoroughly attuned to the evolution of eating styles, with a variegated food offering covering the tastes and needs of all travellers with different concepts, from Spizzico to Territori d’Italia and from Ciao to Motta.
CATEGORY: ‘Airport Casual Dining Restaurant of the Year‘
With The Hearth by Lynn Crawford at Toronto Pearson Airport, HMSHost was awarded 1st prize in the ‘Airport Casual Dining Restaurant of the Year’ category.
In partnership with famous chef Lynn Crawford, HMSHost offers passengers in Terminal 1 of Toronto Pearson Airport an innovative but at the same time casual experience with The Hearth by Lynn Crawford. Customers are welcomed into a luminous and comfortable ambience with a menu based on the chef’s inspired creations, featuring various appetizers, focaccia baked in a wood oven, 1st courses and delicious desserts. All of which accompanied by craft beers, classic cocktails and high quality wines.
CATEGORY: ‘FAB Environmental Initiative’
HMSHost International was acclaimed in the ‘FAB Environmental Initiative’ category for its mix of dedication and expertise, quality and creativity at Bangalore Kempegowda International Airport, where it has created comfort-rich spaces where travellers can relax before continuing their journeys and enjoy a balanced mix of brands offering a unique range of choice.