Consolidated Ebitda reaches €92.9m
- Consolidated revenues: €1,216.2m, up 11.5% on €1,090.9m in 1st quarter 2008
(-7.3% pro forma at constant exchange rates)
- Consolidated Ebitda: €92.9m, up 24.6% on €74.6m in 1st quarter 2008
(-1.9% pro forma at constant exchange rates)
- Net result: €–16.8m against €-4.1m in 1st quarter 2008 due to impact of acquisitions
- Investments: €26.6m against €57.8m in 1st quarter 2008
- Net financial indebtedness: €2,309.4m against €2,167.7m at 31st December 2008,
with a debt/Ebitda ratio of 3.47
- Revenues for the first 18 weeks: up 11.4% on same period 2008
(-6.2% pro forma at constant exchange rates)
Milan, 13 May 2009 - Meeting today, the board of directors of Autogrill S.p.A. (Milan: AGL IM) examined and approved the consolidated results of the 1st quarter of 2009.
In the 1st quarter, the Group posted good operating results both in absolute terms and as percentages of sales despite the unfavourable market scenario. This was made possible by tight cost control and efficiency boosting in all business sectors and by improvements to the sales mix in the strategic geographical regions.
“Despite the economic crisis," said Autogrill CEO Gianmario Tondato Da Ruos, "the trend in traffic seems to be stabilizing and I see the Group reacting well, also in terms of operating margins”.